Sunday, November 4, 2012

Wonderful

Jake is back (Yay!) and he has suggested the theme wonderful for today's Sunday post.

According to the Oxford Dictionary, wonderful is an adjective that means "inspiring delight, pleasure, or admiration; extremely good; marvellous".
 
Well, when I was a child growing up in a suburb of Harare, my parents would take me to the largest park in the centre of the city. (I can't remember what it was called then; now it is called Harare Gardens). I was small, it was enormous and full of beautiful flowers and trees. It inspired in me delight, pleasure and admiration!
 
Harare Garden
We used to visit the Garden before the Monomatapa Hotel was built
 
Unfortunately they never took me to Victoria Falls! Much later, when I visited Zimbabwe in 1985 I was hoping to have the chance of finally going there but my godfather said it wasn't safe, so I didn't go. All the pictures I've seen convince me that those Falls are absolutely wonderful!
 

Don't forget to visit Jake's blog for links to other entries.



9 comments:

  1. Beautiful post Mara, you took the shot very well thanks for sharing your wonderful photography :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jake, but I can't take credit for these photos. They were taken by my friend Judy.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous images !!! I went to the falls in 1984 and it still leaves me breathless thinking about them...they really were wonderful. Such a shame you didn't get there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky you! The Falls have always fascinated me.

      Delete
  3. I would love to see the Falls too! Truly wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I had a bucket list, a visit to the Falls would be on it.

      Delete
  4. You have such a beautiful homeland, Mara. We are so far apart, yet I see similarities. Thanks for following my blog. Your puppy is very beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a place I would love to visit too one day.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you so please leave a comment...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...