Thursday, November 1, 2012

Driving Miss Mimosa


When a family member is ill your life revolves around their needs. 

It is the same when your pet is ill. Mimosa had her Vestibular Event 6 days' ago and I've only left her alone to go to work. Yesterday she finally started showing some appetite and her involuntary eye movements have almost stopped. She still sleeps most of the time and tends to move in circles. She tries to go faster now, so she bumps into things now and then. She hasn't barked since Friday.
Head tilting to the left... but moving on her own
This afternoon I wanted to drive into Portimão to take some photos along the beach. I decided to take Mimosa with me. She used to jump into the back of the hatchback as soon as I opened it; today I had to pick her up to get her in, of course. Before, she would jump over the back seat and try to get to the front passenger seat. Now she stays in the back.

And walking along the river...

I didn't actually go to the beach because  as I was driving across the Arade River, I thought I'd take some photos of the old bridge, so I stopped there and took a walk along the river instead. I didn't think Mimosa would be able to stand a long walk but I was surprised to find that she did very well. On the lead she almost managed to walk in a straight line!
Reading the title of the sculpture or checking out the smells?
The weather was fantastic and the views were fabulous.
Sculptures along the river and the old bridge in the background


Boats on the Arade River, Portimao
Boats on the Arade River, Portimão



6 comments:

  1. So glad her appetite is returning.It is heartwrenching when they are ill and unable to eat. I hope all goes well for her now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she's getting used to the syndrome. Sometimes she miscalculates, overcompensates on certain movements and actually falls down. Otherwise she seems ok. She's also getting used to having succulent, meaty food and rejects everything else. I need to convince her to eat her normal food before I go bankrupt, lol.

      Delete
  2. How is your dog doing has she recovered?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mimosa is much better, thank you. She's eating normally, she can bark again but she still has trouble moving in a straight line and she keeps her head tilted to the left. She panicks when I pick her up (to get her into the car)- it makes her dizzy, I think.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you so please leave a comment...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...