Sunday, January 5, 2014

Meet Pandora

Rescue dog - undefined breed
Two days after I got her from the shelter - doesn´t she have the face of an angel?
I love her, she loves me but it turns out that she is suffering from separation anxiety, which is quite common in dogs from shelters, apparently. She gets really stressed and is stressing out her canine and human companions. As a result, I have been reading up on the problem in an attempt to turn the situation around while at the same time trying to limit the damage she can do around the house when left on her own.

If you have ever had to deal with a similar problem and have any suggestions, please share them with me. We need all the help we can get.




4 comments:

  1. Poor Pandora, hope she starts feeling at home soon. Don't have much experience with dogs, the last ones we had was about 20 years ago, since then it's always been cats...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cats are more independent creatures. I've never had a cat and now I couldn't because my dogs are not cat lovers.

      Delete
  2. Poor baby. You'll probably need some professional help..but I suggest her being in a large crate when you're gone...and leave the crate door open the rest of the time...as it will become her safe place. Can you have someone stop by and play with her once during the day when you're gone all day?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately I can't have someone visit her while I'm at work but I do pop over at lunchtime. I don't have a crate but I have been trying to apply the crate idea to her little room. It seems to be working slowly.

      Delete

I love hearing from you so please leave a comment...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...