Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day

In Portugal, a Catholic country, Mother's Day used to be celebrated on the 8th of December, when we celebrate Our Lady of Conception. Then someone decided to change it to the first Sunday in May but some countries celebrate Mother's Day today.

My mother loved flowers so I always knew what to get her on her birthday or Mother's Day - another flowering plant for the garden.

Today I am remembering her by sharing photos of some of the plants she enjoyed over the years.
Red camellia japonica
One of the first - a red camellia japonica
Rosas de Santa Terezinha
Santa Terezinha roses
My mother loved these and she adored her large red roses, but I don't have a photo of them.

It took a while to find this Viburnum opulus 'Sterile' for her, but I finally managed it.
 
I wish she could see how the magnolia liliiflora has grown!

Happy Mother's Day!

This is a Sunday Post, so visit Jake's for more interpretations on the theme.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you so please leave a comment...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...