Sunday, February 3, 2013

First Blogoversary

One year ago today I published my first post and became a blogger.
Image by Ciara (public domain)

One year and over 100 posts later, I can say that it has been a marvellous experience. I feel very lucky to have had so many visitors and received supportive comments from experienced bloggers from all over the world. 

I was honoured to get the Sunshine Blogger Award from lovely, funny Marcia at Menopausal Mother and especially honoured to be mentioned as deserving Jo Bryant's awards at Chronicles of Illusions. Jo's blog is in a class of its own so being considered worthy of an award by her is really special. Thank you, Marcia and Jo, from the bottom of my heart. Perhaps I should reconsider and get more into the award thing as it does bring in a lot of traffic... hmm... I don't know.

I was very surprised to get an invitation from Polly Allen @holidays.easyjet.com to enter a competition. I nearly didn't even open her email, thinking it was spam/scam, so I ended up doing the Insider Tips post just before the deadline and it was only yesterday, while I was googling for something quite unrelated that I discovered that I had been included as a "top blogger" and "Algarve expert" on EasyJet's Insider Tips from Top Bloggers. Wow, that brought a smile to my face!


Thank you to all those who visit and especially to those who leave comments. I will try to keep you coming back.


10 comments:

  1. Hi Mara, happy blogoversary. It doesn't seem a year ago we were speaking about your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Piglet. It certainly doesn't seem that long ago that you were encouraging me and giving me good advice. Mwah.

      Delete
  2. Hi Mara, happy Blog anniversary. I totally forgot to commemorate mine, as I was in Portugal on holidays at the time. Enjoy it and may you get many more followers and comments. The blog world is a lovely way to make friends.
    Congratulations on your awards too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sami, thank you. I agree we make lots of friends through blogging. I wonder what the second year of blogging will bring.

      Delete
  3. Isn't the blogosphere/blogiverse grand? Glad you're here, Mara. Happy Blogoversary! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! A wonderful milestone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you. I hope the second year is as much fun as the first.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you so please leave a comment...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...