Sunday, October 21, 2012

City

"City" is Jake's choice of theme for this week's Sunday post.

Harare

I have actually never lived in the centre of a city. I grew up in a suburb of Harare (called Salisbury at the time). This city has a very special place in my heart.
Harare
Harare (view from The Kopje)

Harare, view from The Meikles
Harare (view from the Meikles Hotel)
These photos were taken by my friend Judy, in 1996.

Funchal

Some time ago I visited the island of Madeira and fell in love with the city of Funchal. If I didn't have a phobia of travelling by plane I would have put in for a transfer there. It is a very beautiful place.

Funchal, Madeira
Funchal (view from our hotel in the older part of the city)


Funchal, Madeira
Funchal

Funchal, Madeira
Funchal (view from the Botanical Garden)

For other entries, visit Jake's blog.



13 comments:

  1. Great City Mara , I really love your entry for this week theme thanks for sharing my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Funchal, Mara. It's so pretty (and steep!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. We didn't hire a car precisely because roads are so steep!

      Delete
  3. Lovely! Funchal is beautiful. Thanks, Mara!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there,
      I just found your comment in my spam box. Sorry for that.
      Thank you so much for visiting and commenting.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful City Photos!! I love the views you or your friend took them from. I really love your photos for this weeks theme. Thank you for sharing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos of City. I really love the views from where these photos were taken. Thank for sharing your wonderful photos of this weeks theme City ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you. I noticed there were lots and lots of entries for this theme and I'm glad I had the time to visit most of the blogs, including yours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful place. :-)

    ~Imelda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a fantastic small city on a beautiful island.

      Delete
  8. Beautiful, I am amazed at how many trees and houses are all together in such a small space.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The island of Madeira has a subtropical climate and still has a lot of vegetation and not too much high-rise buildings.

      Delete

I love hearing from you so please leave a comment...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...