Sunday, September 9, 2012

Morning

Lazy summer mornings are my favourites - breakfast on the veranda, under my orange tree, enjoying my garden.

Morning is the theme for today's Sunday post.


At 8.30 a.m. the sun is already quite high in the sky.



This post is part of a weekly feature that is hosted by Jake, who provides a word of inspiration and participants post their interpretations.

To conclude, I'd like to share this poem by Sarah Josepha Hale (1788-1879):

Summer Morning   

How beautiful the morning,
When summer days are long;
O, we will rise betimes and hear
The wild-bird's happy song.
For when the sun pours down his ray
The bird will cease to sing;
She'll seek the cool and silent shade,
And sit with folded wing.

Up in the morning early
'Tis Nature's gayest hour!
There's pearls of dew upon the grass
And fragrance on the flower.
Up in the morning early,
And we will bound abroad,
And fill our hearts with melody,
And raise our songs to God.




7 comments:

  1. Love the bougainvilea- my favourite of the colours too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was struggling but this year it's looking good with lots of flowers.

      Delete
  2. I love the early morning sun shining through the petals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it. This was an unexpectedly difficult challenge for me.

      Delete
  3. Excellent choices of images Mara Thanks for posting my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jake. I love doing your challenges.

      Delete
  4. Inspiration for the new day.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you so please leave a comment...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...