Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Before... and after... pics

No, I'm not going to post pictures of me/a celeb before and after my/our diet/liposuction/facelift or whatever. You know me better than that!

It's about structures which were part of the landscape in northern Portugal at a time when many families worked in agriculture.

Now you usually see them in ruins but before farmers used them to store and let the corn/maize cobs dry, safely out of the reach of rodents. Both sets of my grandparents had one and in their area they are known as "canastros". They fell into disrepair because now no one grows maize in my family. Fortunately my cousin decided to restore the one he inherited and here are the pics.

Before...


... and after...



I think it looks fantastic, don't you?



3 comments:

  1. Such a cool structure! Good for your brother for restoring it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, actually it was my cousin who had it restored and the job was carried out by a competent builder with good taste.

      Delete
  2. It must be a very skilled person to restore something so expertly. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you so please leave a comment...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...