Thursday, June 7, 2012

Table Mountain

I've visited Cape Town on only 2 occasions, to visit my best friend from childhood.

Although I can't say that I have travelled the world, in my opinion it has to be the most beautiful city on earth. Lots of people probably share my opinion. I bet the owners of the house who had this picture of Table Mountain immortalised on "azulejo" and placed on the facade would agree with me.

Table Mountain on "azulejo"
To my surprise, I spotted this on the facade of a town house in Espinho, Portugal.

And here is a photo of that incredible mountain, taken on a cloudy day in 1998, from Bloubergrand (I think). 

Off for a quick swim, or maybe not...



I'm sure you have a favourite city. Tell me about it, won't you?








8 comments:

  1. Love it, Mara, I've never seen Table Mountain but I want to now! :) Ailsa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can definitely recommend you visit Cape Town. There is so much to see and do there.

      Delete
  2. Hi,
    I have never had the pleasure of seeing this unusual mountain, what a sight.

    Thank You very much for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The view from the top is spectacular, too. I'll be visiting again... Thanks for leaving a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not been to Cape Town. Beautiful photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lovely place. There are so many beautiful natural features there. The photo was taken by one of my three friends on that morning's walk.

      Delete
  5. I also love Cape Town as it has some of the most spectacular views in the world. I especially love Cape Agulhas where the two oceans (Indian and Atlantic) meet and love the wine routes and the drive up to Chapman's Peak. Your photo was actually taken in Bloubergstrand which is an Afrikaans word which means "blue mountain beach". The only problem in the Cape is that the water is extremely cold and not as hot as the warmer waters of the East coast so maybe the person in the photo was off to the beach for a walk and not necessarily a swim :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for that information. I think I have photos of the other places you mention. I'd forgotten that Bloubergstrand is the Afrikaans for "blue mountain beach". that's so nice!

      The person in the photo is me, and I was just going for a closer look.

      Delete

I love hearing from you so please leave a comment...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...