Sunday, June 3, 2012

Sunrise

Well, dear readers and fellow bloggers doing this week's Sunday post challenge - Sunrise - set by Jake, I didn't get up to see the sunrise today (actually, I can't remember the last time I was up at sunrise), so I'm going to use photos from the web.
The first free photos I found had these trees, which I love, so I looked no further. Thank you to the author, Jon Sullivan, who put these on http://www.public-domain-photos.com/.  
Trees at sunrise
Here comes the sun!

About 5 years ago I wanted to learn how to paint. However, my erratic work timetables keep preventing me from enrolling in actual classes, so sometimes I just study other people's paintings and play around with paint brushes and acrylic paints. While on the self-study route I discovered a site that I love - www.dailypainters.com/, so if you'd like to see some beautiful sunrise paintings, have a look there.

To see many more interpretations of this week's theme, hop on the birds below.


Fly to Jake's blog


 
 

12 comments:

  1. They are that! Wish I could take the credit for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha Ha you cheated LOL :) I looked at sunrise and it was 5.00am something...no way was I going to set the alarm that early! Like your ingeneous idea! Now would anyone know if we published a photo of a sunset and not sunrise...ponderous :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, well what could I do? I'm not a dawn person.
    I did actually wake up just before 5am. with a migraine and got up to take my medication. It was still dark and I was in no mood for anything but rest.
    I was surprised to find the free pics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work Mara I really love your work here :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. However they came to be they are amazing...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't blame you for liking these photos - love the vibrant shades of orange.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The photographer got fantastic shots, didn't he?

      Delete
  7. The sunrise is one of my favorite times of day and yet I miss it so often. Not sure how to fix that. Thanks for sharing these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find it verrry difficult to get up so early.

      Delete

I love hearing from you so please leave a comment...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...