Sunday, October 20, 2013

Mimosa (2000 - 2013)

She came to me at the end of September 2000. She had been rescued in Espinho and I was lucky enough to adopt her.

I come to your house and have to wear this ridiculous thing for how long?!

In 2005, already in the Algarve, and sharing my attentions with three more rescue dogs.

Do you like this pose? I'm doing my best to look fierce!
This summer
What am I supposed to do while you cut the grass?

Last photo taken on 15th September

Don't you ever get tired of taking photos of the flowers?

I had to have my best, most loyal and oldest four-legged friend put to sleep on the 14th of October.

She was my shadow for over 13 years - wherever I went, she had to follow. If I left the room for a few minutes, she'd come looking for me, even when we visited the vet for the last time.

I miss my sweet Mimosa so much!




4 comments:

  1. I am so sorry. Losing a pet is hard. Mimosa looks like a real beauty too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about the loss of your sweet Mimosa, Mara. Our pets are our family too, so I can imagine that after 13 years together you will miss her a lot. She was already looking quite old and gray in the last two photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry you had to lose your Mimosa. I went through the same thing a couple years ago with my beloved Bandit who was almost 14. He was my most loyal friend. I still miss him so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for your kind comments. Mimosa was the most intelligent of all my dogs. It has been very hard.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you so please leave a comment...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...