Thursday, August 15, 2013

Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day - August 2013

Welcome! Although it's been very hot and dry, most of the roses are blooming well and there is a lot of colour in my Algarve garden. These shots are from the 13th because I knew it would be impossible to photograph my blooms today.

Let's begin with the roses.

My roses
The red roses are doing extremely well since I began opening an umbrella to shade them from the midday sun.

Iceberg rose

 Now for the oleanders and hibiscus...
Red-flowered oleander
You can just make out the red hibiscus on the left. The day before I took these photos it had several large blooms, then it went shy on me. The variegated oleander is looking just as good as in July. Only the peachy-coloured one has stopped blooming.
Yellow hibiscus
This hibiscus is thriving.

This lavender is flowering for the first time since I bought it and introduced it to a new bed. The one I showed you in July is still going strong.

I'm falling in love with succulents!
Lavender, cuphea and aeonium
This is my first attempt at creating a simple arrangement with the succulents I already have.
Arranging succulents

And that's all for today. Thank you to May Dreams Gardens for hosting this international monthly tour of blooms.



6 comments:

  1. Lovely Roses, and the colour of your Oleander flowers is simply beautiful. Great to see the Lavender blooming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think it's the first time these roses all decided to flower at the same time.

      Delete
  2. My roses are a bit revived and blooming as we had a cool down....I love your rises and how resilient they are blooming in your heat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Opening the sunshade over the roses has worked wonders this year!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for visiting my blog my hesperides garden; it wasn't easy to track back to you, when you leave your name it probably needs to be the URL. Nice blooms for bloomday, I imagine your cliamte must be silimar to mine although maybe your winters are warmer being near the sea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello and welcome. I need to fix it so they blogs I visit can find me more easily asap. Our climates are similar - my winter can be cool and wet or coldish and dry and anything in between, with a bit of frost now and then.

      Delete

I love hearing from you so please leave a comment...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...