Sunday, May 27, 2012

Door

This week's Sunday post challenge, set by Jake, is "door".
Without further ado, because I'm on a borrowed internet connection, may I present my short selection. 
Espinho, Portugal
After having chosen my photos, I have to say I think I prefer the doors on older buildings. They seem to have more character. However, from now on I'll be paying more atention to all doors.

Praia da Granja (between Espinho and Porto)
I hope these pictures look OK. Something strange happened with two of them as I was uploading.

Centre of Albufeira
  I love the flower design on this one.

Centre of Albufeira

I don't know about you, but looking at these doors, I always wonder what is on the other side.

I'd like to end with a quote about "doors" that I particularly liked. 
 
“I feel very adventurous. There are so many doors to be opened, and I'm not afraid to look behind them.” - Elizabeth Taylor.







10 comments:

  1. Love your Portuguese doors, specially the one at Praia da Granja. I've just posted one of my own, down in the Algarve. It's the first time I've taken part so I wasn't too sure what was appropriate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for visting and commenting. Praia da Granja is a gold mine for photos of architectural aspects of Portuguese culture. Will have a look at your entry as soon as my internet connection gets better.

      Delete
  2. Great entry for this week theme Mara I really love all of it thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Haven't seen the other entries yet.

      Delete
  3. Love the photos...the second one is my favorite. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love number three. And I love you quote from Elizabeth Taylor. (Keeping fingers crossed in trying to comment on here...wish me luck !!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome! Don't know what you did this time but your comment came through. Thank you.

      Delete
  5. I love the picture of the 2nd door the best--very interested in what is going on behind the door! Makes you wonder who lives there? What is their life like? I also like the quote from Liz Taylor very much--she was always one of my favorite actresses. You have a very nice blog here!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you so please leave a comment...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...