Sunday, January 17, 2016

Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day - January 2016

In November and December it rained on and off, sometimes very hard, though never as much as on the first of November, when we had flash floods in the Algarve. As a result, my back patio is covered in green, slippery moss and the front garden is very green. There are lots of weeds but very few blooms. 

If I let it, this lobster plant will take over the space left by the lavender that was removed last month.
lobster plant


tired lavender

This lavender needs cutting back or I might lose it completely, too.

lavender

This lavender is growing through the fence. It is the longest surviving lavender in my garden.

rosemary

The rosemary is also brightening up the area by the gate.


And here is that plant that keeps giving (Christina asked, but I can't remember its name, sorry).

There are still some roses.

red rose

pink-centred white rose

ice rose


The twigs may give you an idea of the amount of work to be done asap.

Actually, as I end this post, I realise that my photos contradict my initial statement about there not being many blooms this month.

I am joining May Dreams Gardens late as has become my habit lately. If you haven't been there, have a look now.

See you next month!


 


4 comments:

  1. Do you take cuttings of your lavenders as replacement plants? The one you have flowering looks like one that I was given as rooted cuttings but without a name, any idea which it is?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's also so much to do in a garden Mara. You still have plenty of flowers for winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey keep posting such good and meaningful articles.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you so please leave a comment...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...