Monday, November 3, 2014

Mediterranean Garden Fair 2014

Like I told you here, last year I discovered the Mediterranean Garden Society had an active branch in Portugal and I loved their Garden Fair. I was determined not to miss this year's event but on Saturday I had a dog training session booked before lunch and I didn't want to miss that either. As a result, my day turned out a bit too crammed with activity and I eventually arrived at the fair just an hour before it was supposed to wind down!
Mediterranean Garden Fair 1
Mediterranean Garden Fair 2

 I missed the workshops, which was very disappointing. And the plant sellers had sold much of their stock - good for them!
Mediterranean Garden Fair 3

Mediterranean Garden Fair 4

I'm still glad I went as I had the opportunity to chat to some sellers and even buy some Myrtle (Myrtus communis) seeds "harvested in the Mediterranean woods of central Portugal" from Sementes de Portugal.

I also had a wonderful time wandering around the Estói Palace grounds, where the fair took place.
Estói Palace grounds, Algarve
Algarve -Estoi Palace Gardens

Hopefully, next time I'll be able to attend the workshops and perhaps even meet some local bloggers.


3 comments:

  1. The palace grounds are lovely. I love plant markets too, you can always get plants cheaper than at the nurseries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome venue, pity you missed out on the best plants.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was there on the morning! What a fabulous day it was :) Merry Christmas, Mara!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you so please leave a comment...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...