Sunday, February 9, 2014

Nature 2014

Welcome! If you are visiting from the Grow Your Blog Party, you'll find my post HERE.
Internet connection problems and work have slowed down my visits to other blogs at the party. My strategy is to visit bloggers who have left comments on my blog first, then go through the list Vicki kindly organised for us.


This is my Sunday post in response to Jake's prompt - NATURE 2014.

Ria Formosa, Faro
Ria Formosa at low tide
Yesterday I drove along the narrow road/bridge that crosses the lagoon and went to Faro beach. It had been years since I had done that!

At Faro beach, looking at the lagoon
With my back to the beach, I take in a view of the lagoon
I noticed that storms have carried a lot of sand over the low walls along the beach. You can find more photos of my outing on my Portuguese blog.
 
Vegetation on the banks of Ria Formosa, Faro
Swampy vegetation, Ria Formosa

Wildflowers, Ria Formosa, Faro
Looking more closely at some of the wildflowers




















On the way back, I stopped to look more closely at the vegetation.

With all the rain we've been having, wildflowers should abound this Spring. I hope I can spend more time watching nature do its thing.



9 comments:

  1. I would love to live close enough to visit a beach. So pretty from here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was nine when I saw the sea for the first time and I was hooked!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing this Mara I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So serene and I just love those purple wildflowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love watching nature...great to see wildflowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mara, I finally figured out to search again for your blog and am glad to find it. I too like these wildflowers! Susie

    ReplyDelete
  6. nature is such a gift

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photographs. It is still so frigid in the United States, with snow everywhere except Florida in the last few weeks. The flowers help to remind me that Spring will be coming soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning post once again Mara Thanks for sharing this....I love it

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you so please leave a comment...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...