Sunday, April 29, 2012

Shelter

Espinho market - on a Monday

For today's Jake's Sunday post challenge I have chosen three different kinds of shelters from my Easter break in the north of Portugal. 

The first photo is of just a tiny part of the huge market that takes place in the city of Espinho every Monday. Just about anything can be bought there and the tarpaulins provide shelter for goods, sellers and customers.

Torreira, Aveiro
My second shelter is a very special bus stop shelter (I think), complete with water fountains and tiled panel depicting scenes from the area! I have never seen anything like it!

Train station south of Porto

My third photo is of a shelter with a wrought iron structure. It is on the platform side of a train station in what used to be a very grand suburb south of Porto. 

This train station will be the object of future posts because it is quite exceptional, as you will see later.






6 comments:

  1. I like the bus stop.

    Nice interpretation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great entry for this week topic Mara ,Excellent work :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Jake. I look forward to your challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very interesting pics, Mara. Love your dog. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. That doggie is the oldest of my 4 rescue dogs.

      Delete

I love hearing from you so please leave a comment...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...