Wednesday, November 6, 2013

The secret is out

Image courtesy of audfriday13, freedigitalphotos.net

My secret is out!

Initially, I only told a few friends and one member of my family about my blogs. Only one of the people in the know actually comments on posts once in a while.

At first I kept my blogging activity secret because I wasn't very confident and had no idea if I would keep it going. Then I began to get more and more readers and made some virtual blogger friends and just didn't feel the need to tell everyone about my blogs.

But it's a small world.

Portugal is very small!

And the Algarve is a "tiny" region!

So it just happened that at that gardening fair I told you about recently I recognised a Portuguese blogger I follow. Being a shy, cautious person, I didn't just start a conversation with a stranger. I could have asked, "Aren't you ....?" but I didn't. I noticed that he seemed to be an acquaintance/friend of a colleague of mine who, as coincidence would have it, was at that fair, too.

Having confirmed later with my colleague that the other guy really was the blogger, I ended up letting the cat out of the bag!

Yip, today I was asked, "Don't you have a blog, too?" ...
This was in the staff room. And I think other people heard our conversation!

So, this blogger is feeling exposed. Now I'm wondering if this is good, bad or indifferent? 

It definitely changes one thing - ranting about my job is a no-no.

What do you think? Is it a good idea to let everyone around you know about your blog?



3 comments:

  1. Makes it difficult to whinge about certain things....My colleagues know about my blog and because I also post to facebook I "think" my friends know about it too, but unfortunately only have 3 or 4 that follow me. I have met up with a fellow Perth blogger, and next week we are meeting a German blogger who is visiting Perth, who follows both of our blogs. Should be fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, there, as I don't like whingeing.on my blog.
      My friends aren't mich into blogs, either. Have fun next week. You've also met up with Carole of Piglet in Portugal, haven't you, so we already have a friend in common.

      Delete
  2. I kept it a secret for a while and now I let others know little by little....most visit but do not stay.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you so please leave a comment...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...