Saturday, August 25, 2012

From a distance

Santa Maria da Feira Castle, Portugal
Santa Maria da Feira Castle, from a distance
I was lucky enough to visit the medieval fair at Santa Maria da Feira, but there were so many visitors there on the last day that I had to park really far away from the castle.

This is the first shot I took as I walked towards the centre of the town and it's my entry for Jake's Sunday post challenge "From a distance".

To join in or see the other entries, visit Jake's post.

If you like medieval fairs, you may like to return soon, as I will be posting pictures of the fair that many consider the best in Portugal!




12 comments:

  1. It looks like something from a fairy tale!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does, doesn't it? It's very different from the other Portuguese castles I have seen.

      Delete
  2. It looks a great spot for a medieval fair, Mara, but I have to admit I like Obidos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been to Obidos twice, but never during the fair. I'll put it on my list for next year. Only then will I be able to see how it compares.

      Delete
  3. Mara, I love shots of castles nestled in the trees like this one. Perfect for the topic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The area surrounding the castle is very pretty.

      Delete
  4. I love that the castle is huddled in the greenery. Looks so old-world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It does look huddled in the greenery because this is a view from the bottom of the hill and from quite far away.

      Delete
  5. What a great image Mara...almost lucky you had to park so far away i think

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, although at the time I thought "boy am I going to get a lot of exercise" and "please, God, let me find my way back to the car"!

      Delete
  6. Beautiful, from that spot, but is it nice inside or gloomy?

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's nothing gloomy about it. I'll post more pics in Sept. At the moment I have to ration my time online as I don't have unlimited broadband. ;-(

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you so please leave a comment...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...